For Adults, Educators and Youth
Whether through hands-on workshops or captivating theatrical productions, In the Heart of the Beast Puppet & Mask Theatre delivers exceptional learning experiences to students of all ages, abilities, and adaptive styles.
- We believe in the transformative power of art to heal and grow individuals, communities, societies, and the world.
- We provide a positive, creative learning environment to encourage confidence, self-esteem, and “finding your voice” through puppetry arts.
- We listen to our youth community, respond to their needs, and involve them as decision-makers and leaders.
- We practice, preach, and provide art that is accessible and inclusive of people of all incomes, ages, races, orientations, abilities, and cultures.
- We honor the deep cultural, spiritual, and ritual roots of puppetry that provide youth with reflections of deep community values, personal meaning and individual identity.
- We excel at providing opportunities for people to create and expand community through the act of making puppet theatre.
- We empower youth to take leadership in telling their innately valuable stories through puppetry and masks.
- We believe youth are capable of professional standards of excellence in puppet theatre and strive to create high quality processes and productions with youth.
- We create opportunities for youth to present their creative work and educate the community about their perspectives.
- We recognize the folk-arts apprenticeship tradition of learning that puppetry stems from, and honor the commitment to train new generations in the craft of puppetry.
- We facilitate the creation of meaningful peer community to reduce isolation of youth from each other and their communities.
Contact Program Coordinator, Naomi Campion for more information firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-721-2535.