Participate in MayDay
Applications for full-time and part-time Ceremony Staff, Parade Staff, and Workshop Assistants for 2018 MayDay closed on Friday, October 6th!
Stay tuned for the announcement of the 2018 MayDay artists and staff!
Other ways to Participate:
- Attend a Community Meeting to help envision a theme for MayDay!
- MayDay Public Workshops - Help build puppets for the parade! Workshops are free and open to the public. During the month of April, our building is transformed into a giant studio where staff artists and volunteers create the MayDay Parade.
- Perform in the MayDay Ceremony - sign up at the MayDay Workshops to be a part of the annual MayDay ceremony. Many roles, all ages.
- Donate Materials - keep an eye on our materials wish list.
- Volunteer - the annual MayDay Parade & Festival draws up to 50,000 people and couldn't happen without community involvement and volunteer help! HOBT produces this event with only a small core staff and about 160 volunteers. Your help is needed, especially on the day of the event.
- Donate Dollars - We need support to produce this one-of-a-kind community event. You can donate online, or by sending this Donation Form through the mail.
- Be part of the Community Voices Section in the MayDay Parade, a section immediately following the main theme sections of the parade. Thousands of people will line the one-mile parade route so if you have a cause you want others to know about this is the place to strut your stuff.
- Host an Information Table - Hosting an information table at the MayDay Festival is an excellent way for an organization to raise public awareness about various issues, interests and causes.
- Be a Food Vendor - Being a food vendor in the park during the festival is a great way to make money and spread awareness of your food truck or business. We're aiming for a zero-waste event this year!
- Advertise in The MayDay Tabloid - Copies of this once-a-year publication are distributed at the MayDay Festival plus many metro locations. Show your support with an advertisement!
- Sponsor the MayDay Festival - A sponsorship at this event reaches a diverse multi-generational, multi-ethnic audience and highlights your organization's commitment to art as a tool for engagement, and beauty as a necessity for all.
As always, feel free to call 612-540-5380 with questions.