Participate in MayDay
- Attend a Community Meeting to help envision a theme for MayDay!
- MayDay Public Workshops - Help build puppets for the parade! Workshops are free and open to the public. During the month of April, our building is transformed into a giant studio where staff artists and volunteers create the MayDay Parade.
- Perform in the MayDay Ceremony - sign up at the MayDay Workshops to be a part of the annual MayDay ceremony. Many roles, all ages.
- Donate Materials - keep an eye on our materials wish list.
- Volunteer - the annual MayDay Parade & Festival draws up to 50,000 people and couldn't happen without community involvement and volunteer help! HOBT produces this event with only a small core staff and about 160 volunteers. Your help is needed, especially on the day of the event.
- Donate Dollars - We need support to produce this one-of-a-kind community event. You can donate online, or by sending this Donation Form through the mail.
- Be part of the Community Voices Section in the MayDay Parade, a section immediately following the main theme sections of the parade. Thousands of people will line the one-mile parade route so if you have a cause you want others to know about this is the place to strut your stuff.
- Host an Information Table - Hosting an information table at the MayDay Festival is an excellent way for an organization to raise public awareness about various issues, interests and causes.
- Be a Food Vendor - Being a food vendor in the park during the festival is a great way to make money and spread awareness of your food truck or business. We're aiming for a zero-waste event this year!
- Advertise in The MayDay Tabloid - Copies of this once-a-year publication are distributed at the MayDay Festival plus many metro locations. Show your support with an advertisement!
- Sponsor the MayDay Festival - A sponsorship at this event reaches a diverse multi-generational, multi-ethnic audience and highlights your organization's commitment to art as a tool for engagement, and beauty as a necessity for all.
As always, feel free to call 612-540-5380 with questions.