Below is a list of materials needed for MayDay. Please check back often! We will be adding items as they come up during this year's MayDay build. You can bring donations to the Avalon Theatre during any workshop time starting April 8, 2017 - Saturdays 9-11am and 1-3pm; Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-9pm. It's a great way to recycle and help build MayDay - thanks!
Questions? Contact Site Director, Steve Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check in here for updates throughout April for the MayDay 2017 build!
SPECIFIC PARADE SECTION NEEDS
- Coming Soon!
- Socket sets
- Drill bits in good condition
- Utility knives (preferably retractable)
- T-50 or P-35 staplers (only these types!)
- Scissors (children and adults)
- Needlenose pliers
Minimum 4 feet long; as knot-free, nail-free, and straight as possible.
- 1x2s, 1x4s, 2x4s, plywood (4’×4′ minimum, 1/2″ thick or thicker)
- Plywood, 1/2″ thick or thicker, 4’x4′ minimum square
- Newspaper, brown paper bags, colored paper
- Cardboard: minimum 3×3 ft., single or double ply
PAINT & BRUSHES
- All paint colors needed, but looking for a lot of yellow. Please, minimum of 1 qt in can.
- Paint brushes (wood chip brushes are nice! no foam brushes, please)
GLUE AND TAPE
- Wood and white glue
- Masking tape – 3/4″, 1″, 2″
- Duct tape
- Strapping tape
- Clothes hangers
- Minimum size of 4’x4′ please, always looking for larger pieces. Solid, bright colors; lightweight big pieces (no patterns)
- Bright colors; red, blue, green, yellow, purple, orange, white, brown, and lots of black
- Yarn – of any kind, color, or length
- Clear 1/2 pint containers with covers
- 1/2 pint yogurt containers with covers
- Large plastic sheeting