MayDay Festival Food Vendor Application
We are currently taking applications for food vending at our 44th annual MayDay Parade and Festival on Sunday, May 6. Applications are due before March 23. All applications are reviewed and selected based on balance and variety of foods, space requirements, energy use, and environmental impact of serving materials. The final determination of vendors is at the sole discretion of the MayDay Festival Team.
The MayDay Festival has been working hard towards being a zero-waste and sustainable event by supporting local farmers and food producers, using less energy, and providing means for recycling and composting. In order to accomplish this, we need the cooperation of every vendor and exhibitor. Please review our guidelines throughout the application and plan ahead. Feel free to contact the Festival Coordinator if you have questions. We would be happy to consult with you on how to be a zero-waste exhibitor, sharing information useful for both this event and to integrate into your general business practices.
If you have any questions please call 612-540-5380 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We are no longer accepting food vendor applications!
See below for terms and restrictions.
Food vendor locations:
Click map to enlarge
Vending Area “A” Price: $650
This area is near the Bandstand and Ceremony site. The Bandstand is a fully amplified stage featuring a wide variety of performances.
Vending Area “B” Price: $600
This area is located between two Performance sites, the Show Stage and Family Stage. The Show Stage plays host to a number of the festival’s larger musical acts. The Family Stage, as the name suggests typically features family oriented performances.
Vending Area “C” Price: $550
This area is located next to the main walking path and intertwined with a collection of local interest groups offering information on their particular cause. This area is better suited for smaller vendors.
Vending Area “D” Price: $450
This area is located next to the Community Resource Fair, on the street along 14th Avenue South between 32nd and 33rd Street East, and the boulevard next to the sidewalk. Note that street parking is limited to Minneapolis licensed mobile food vendors.
Vending Area “E” Price: $550
This area is located on the street along 35th Street East from 13th to 14th Avenue South. Note that street parking is limited to Minneapolis licensed mobile food vendors.
Food Vendor Terms and Restrictions
1. The sale of beverages in plastic bottles is not allowed. Paper or compostable cups, aluminum cans or glass bottles only. Bottled water or water in glasses cannot be sold. Lemonade and all variations of cannot be sold.
2. All cups, plates, bowls, knives, forks and spoons, straws, stirrers, packaging etc, must be made of wood or other certified-compostable materials.
3. Load in and set-up is between 7-9:30 am. This will be the only time that you will be allowed to drive your vehicles into the park.
4. Vendors can load in and out with multiple vehicles but only one vending vehicle or tent will be permitted to stay on site.
5. Oversized vehicles require special provisions. If this includes you, please notify the Food Vendor Coordinators to schedule an early arrival time. Oversized vehicles will not be able to enter the park once general set-up begins.
6. Electrical service will be provided for this event. Generators will be allowed under approved circumstances only.
You must completely fill out the electrical chart on-line.
7. Only one booth or tent per rented space. Additional spaces must be purchased if vendor wishes to set up more than one booth.
8. All vendors using LP gas must be in compliance with Minneapolis City Code and applicable fire codes.
9. In the event of bad weather, the park director may call off the event. HOBT will then host the event on the following Sunday, May 13. All vendors may return for the rain date under the same guidelines, but no refund will be given if you’re unable to make it.
10. Booth fees are forfeited for all cancellations after April 10.
11. We do not allow any amplified sound created by anyone other than designated musicians and stages.