Saturday Puppet Shows for Kids run from August 16 – February 28
All Shows at 10 am & noon in HOBT’s Avalon Theater lobby
Come for the show and stay for the “Make-n-Take” workshop based on that day’s puppet show theme. Workshops are a family activity offered in our classroom at 11:00 a.m. each Saturday morning.
- $8 suggested donation for adult or pay what you can
- Show times: 10 AM & Noon
- Season runs August - February
Please note: shows in August and the first week of the month are in Spanish and the rest in English unless specified, but you’ll find children love puppets regardless of language!
No reservations are necessary but seating for the shows and workshops is limited.
After the Show
Saturday Puppet Workshops
Come for the show and stay for the “Make-n-Take” workshop based on that day’s puppet show theme. Workshops are a family activity offered in our classroom at 11 am each Saturday morning.
- Registration for workshops is recommended and can be made in advance at the 10am show or by calling 612-721-2535 the previous week.
Saturdays, August through February
Aug. 16 “Martina the Cockroach and Perez the Mouse”
Aug. 23 “El Barquito de Papel” Paulino Brener*
Aug. 30 “Lupita no quiere dormir” Julie & Gustavo
HOBT classroom available for birthday parties
Looking for something new and different to celebrate your child’s birthday this year? Bring party guests to see our regularly scheduled Saturday Puppet Show, participate in the artist led Make-n-Take workshop, and stay for a party in our classroom!
- Two times available: Attend the 10am performance and the 11am workshop followed by a one-hour room rental for your party, or attend the workshop at 11am, go to the noon performance of the show and then head back to the classroom for your party at 1pm.
- $140 for up to 10 guests (including adults); each additional guest is $9.
- If you live in Powderhorn, Central, Phillips or Corcoran the price is only $120 and each additional guest (including adults) is $7.
- We provide the room and polka dotted table coverings while you provide the refreshments and fun. Price covers 10 guests for the puppet show and Make-n-Take, plus one-hour room rental.
- Advance reservations and payment at the time of booking is required. To make a reservation call 612-721-2535 ext. 23.