On the first Sunday of May, tens of thousands of folks will celebrate a day of community and festivity together. All this takes place because – and only because – hundreds of volunteers pitch in to make it happen.
These volunteer positions will be filled in March & April. You can find a more in-depth description of each position by clicking the 2014 MayDay Volunteer Brochure link! To sign up please contact Margery Otto: 612-721-2535 x14 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Mayday Volunteer Opportunities Include:
Saturday Load-In Crew – 10 positions
- Load storage areas and trucks, so that everything is “ready to roll” on MayDay. Tables, tents, T-shirts – we load them all. Lots of free jokes and camaraderie.
- Ideal for physically active people who enjoy good team-work
Park Set-Up Team – 20 positions
- Unload trucks, set up canopies, and distribute equipment throughout Powderhorn Park. Make the Park festive!
- Ideal for “morning people” who enjoy a little heavy lifting with their coffee
MayDay Booth Assistant – 24 positions
- Sell MayDay merchandise to eager customers while enjoying the sights in Powderhorn Park. Volunteers on the last shift of the day also take down canopies and carry equipment to a designated pick-up location
Parade Marshal – 30 position
- Be a Very Important Person in this year’s Parade. Walk with a section of the MayDay Parade, helping the performers steer their way down the street. Smile a lot! Ideal for people who love interacting with the public on Parade Day
Park Stage Coordinator – 6 position
- Help community performers set up their acts on one of the performance stages at the Park. Watch some really fun gigs!
- Ideal for individuals or small groups who enjoy working behind-the-scenes with community artists. Technical knowledge is helpful but not required.
Ceremony Donation Collector -10 positions
- Accept donations from a happy crowd of people gathered on the hillside to watch the Tree-of-Life pageant. You see the pageant too!
- Ideal for people who enjoy wearing MayDay attire (we provide a tunic and a gorgeous umbrella) and enjoy saying “Happy MayDay!” to everyone they meet
Tear-Down Team – 25 positions
- Be part of a crew that dismantles stage platforms, loads trucks, and transports materials back to our Theatre building. We will be very tired – we so appreciate your help. Ideal for energetic people who enjoy the camaraderie of lifting, hauling and singing in the rain. (It WOULDN’T!)
Park Clean-Up Crew – 6 positions
- Make Powderhorn Park clean and festive. We will head out with bags and gloves to restore our wonderful trash bins to order. Ideal for physically active folks who appreciate doing good deeds
Many other fun volunteer opportunities available!
- To sign up, or for further information about volunteering, please email Margery Otto, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-721-2535 x14