Help build the puppets for the MayDay Parade!
During the month of April, our building is transformed into a giant studio where staff artists and volunteers create the MayDay Parade. Workshops are free and open to the public.
Workshops begin Saturday, April 14th, 2015, at 9am, and take place each Tuesday and Thursday from 7pm-9pm and Saturdays from 9am-11am and 1pm-3pm.
How it Works
- An artist will introduce you to the parade theme by showing you the giant storyboard (a visual script).
- You select a section of the parade to work on, find the artist in charge of that section, and set to work!
- Artists will guide you.
- You can either make your own creation which you can keep after the parade, or help with the larger parade floats.
- Typically, you’ll need 3 or 4 sessions to complete a project, but you can come to as many or as few as your schedule allows.
- Workshops are free, although donations are graciously accepted, always welcome, and much needed.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wear “painting” clothes.
- Bring recycled items (if you can): small plastic tubs with lids, brown paper bags, newspapers, fabric, sheets, latex paint, bamboo, scissors.
- No reservations required. Just Come!
- If you are coming with a large group, come! But please let us know in advance by calling 612-721-2535