In the Heart of the Beast Theatre
Founded in 1973, HOBT is a nationally recognized theatre with a mission to bring people together for the common good through the power of puppet and mask performance. The organization is housed in the Avalon Theatre on East Lake Street in South Minneapolis and is firmly grounded in the Phillips and Powderhorn neighborhoods. The three circles of HOBT’s work include performance, engagement and mentorship. Each year the theater produces original plays and touring productions as well as commissioned performances throughout Minnesota and beyond. It engages scores of artists, hundreds of volunteers, and thousands of participants in building and presenting the annual May Day Parade and Festival to welcome spring. It provides apprenticeships and residences for youth and adults in schools and community centers to learn mask and puppetry art forms. HOBT is coming through a transition year in a stronger financial position and is looking for an executive director with deep commitment to art in service of community and with strong managerial abilities to continue progress towards our mission.
Reporting to the board of directors and in conjunction with artistic leaders, this position will be responsible for the overall operational management and leadership of the theatre.
- Oversight of the financial health of the organization including fundraising, donor stewardship and grant writing
- Strategic planning and implementation to carry out long range initiatives which supports and promotes our mission
- Continuous improvement and development of the team and organizational assets
- Engage and outreach within our vital community assets
- Administratively lead throughout the entire organization
A qualified candidate will possess:
- Success in leading and/or managing a non-profit organization
- Financial and business acuity
- Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal and public speaking communications
- Creativity, flexibility, ability to think outside-of-the-box
- Action orientation and ability to drive results
- A collaborative and respectful approach to leadership
- The ability to connect and engage with our community and community partners
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Application deadline: June 8, 2015