In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre is made possible by YOUR donations! Whether you give in support of MayDay, the Education Program or simply because you love In the Heart of the Beast: THANK YOU for your generous support!
*HOBT is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and your gift is 100% tax deductible.
September 1 marks the beginning of HOBT’s fiscal year. The coming year has much in store, and we’re asking you to help us make a strong start. We’ve lined up almost 95% of the funding we need for the coming season, and with your help we can close the final gap. Help us raise $50,000 by the end of August, and we’ll start the year with a balanced budget. That will allow us to focus on some great upcoming work:
• In September, Alison Heimstead will lead our premiere production of the new devised work QUEEN written by Erik Ehn and Junauda Petrus.
• All year long, Bart Buch, HOBT artists and youth in THE PHILLIPS PROJECT will be collecting and telling stories of neighborhood helpers.
• Steve Ackerman is building up to the long-awaited premiere of ACTION SEQUENCE, following up on his 2015 CARTOOON which went from HOBT to the Chicago Puppetry Festival.
• Bart will also lead a new co-produced puppet concert series called MUSIC ANIMATED, exploring live music and live puppetry-joined together, with DOSH and DREAMLAND FACES.
• Sandy Spieler, after projects in South Africa, Vermont, and Florida, will lead a re-mount of LA NATIVIDAD in December.
• And of course we will hope you join us on May 7, 2017 for the 43rd annual MAYDAY PARADE AND FESTIVAL.
HOBT relies on individual donors to fund about one-third of our work, and so projects like these are not possible without you.
Corrie Zoll, Executive Director
In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre
THANK YOU to our funders and friends!
Many thanks to the hundreds of individuals who have joined Heartbeats, made monthly sustaining gifts, made Give to the Max donations, and contributed time and resources to support HOBT programming this year. The Board, Staff, Artists and Volunteers sincerely THANK YOU for your continuing generosity.
National Endowment for the Arts
Minnesota State Arts Board – General Operations
Minnesota State Arts Board – Arts Access Program
General Mills Foundation
Elmer L. Andersen Foundation
Hugh J. Andersen Foundation
Minnesota Community Foundation
Wells Fargo Community Foundation
Still Ain’t Satisfied
Fidelity Charitable Funds
Community Shares of Minnesota
Troutman-Blumenshine Family Fund
Cy and Paula DeCosse Fund
Phoebe and Maureen Trepp – Minnesota Community Foundation
The Saint Paul Foundation Associated Anesthesiologists Fund
Midtown Phillips Neighborhood Association Inc.
Mississippi Watershed Management Organization